Tuesday, May 20, 2014

GOD'S POWER

When I was in my teens, I wanted "POWER" with God so much, I DID SILLY THINGS. 

1) I stayed after church. I shut in and drank the "olive oil". After a 30 minute season of heave-ho, devil, you gotta go, I realized, the oil, is for the head, not the stomach. Out of your belly shall flow rivers...., not regurgitation. 

2) I longed for POWER soo much, I went into the woods, intending to pray til morning like Jesus. The mosquitoes were demonically inspired. My "all night" prayer ended in 15 minutes, after 30 or so, slaps and swipes. The devil is a liar and a biter. 

3) I soo desired power that I got on my knees every evening, after high school, seeking to hear the audible voice of God. One day, while in deep meditation, in the basement window, I heard a sound. It had a certain something in it. I opened my eyes. My German Shepherd was staring in the basement window, the light hit his eye and he looked like lucifer. He nearly scared me, "wasteless". I started speak in tongues, unknown to me, angels or the Holy Spirit. The interpretation was: NEVA AGAIN!!! Whew.

POINT: I had much zeal. Little knowledge. I wanted power with God to heal the sick, YES...raise the dead. Etc... At least I wasn't Simon, trying to buy POWER. (Acts 8). 

But, my error was I wanted power to "get my share of applause, and props". Hey.. I was 16-17. Lighten up. 

But, these decades have taught me, AGE DOES NOT CHANGE FLESH RULES EGO-MANIACAL ASISININI-TUDES.  I have learned, a single principle, YOU AND I, would do well to remember: 

HERE IT IS: ..."twice have I heard this, ALL POWER belongs to GOD."
 God's only begotten Son, said: 
"All Power is given unto me....". Then he said, "go...wait for power that CLOTHES you, from, on high". Luke 24:47-49 

POWER PRINCIPLE: 
"JESUS GIVES POWER. HE DOESN'T GIVE IT AWAY"!!!!

Beloved of God, USE THE POWER, Don't act like it's yours. Hello fellow preachas'. 

WORD: You want power. You need power. You've got power. Acts 1:8. It's called, THE HOLY GHOST. No need to pray in the forest. Meditate in the basement. Or, drink OLIVE OIL, just, let God, BE in YOU, ALL POWERFUL, being HIMSELF!!!! Holla...haha. No more olive oil cola. 

Agape', Sir Brian
E37MOVE Apostle


1 comment:

  1. Hilarious but I totally get the point. All power belongs to Him & every time He uses me I consider it a privilege and a honor.

    ReplyDelete